Camera Repair

Ron Burgundy

Hi all,

my lovely little Canon got its screen broken on honeymoon. There are 2 screws missing and the screen is smashed. Wondering if you know of anywhere to get it fixed.

I live in Laois but travel to Dublin every week, all help and ideas welcome !!

Check how much a new one is first. Unless its an expensive camera its often not economical to repair them.

I live in Laois but travel to Dublin every week, all help and ideas welcome !!
What model? If it's a PowerShot (and in particular a 520A but maybe any of the PowerShot range) then I may have a spare faulty unit suitable for salvaging spare parts.

there is a camera repair shop on dame street

camera care
24/26 dame house,dame street
Ph: 6778100

i got a camera repaired there awhile ago. if he can repair it there he will if not he sends it off

Is Camera Care still open does anyone know? Trying to phone them for last few days and getting answer phone each time. Want to see if they think camera worth fixing before I bring it down.

Try Gunn's in Wexford Street - very competent and friendly

Tel: 478 1226

Last edited:
To Denise1234,

CameraCare on Dame Street is definitely open for business, I was there yesterday with my own camera for an estimate on a repair.

Wollran

I have used Camera repair Centre in Dublin 8. They give a quotation and assessment before repair. That way you know what way to go. They have a web page www.camerarepaircentre.com Hope this might help.

I have used Camera repair Centre in Dublin 8. They give a quotation and assessment before repair. That way you know what way to go. They have a web page www.camerarepaircentre.com Hope this might help.

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Can you confirm if you have any association with this centre as recommendations from first time posters are inclined to make users of AAM wary.

No I am a retired accountant and I have no connection with the firm. I have an old Leica rangefinder and I found them very helpful with advise.

Is Camera Care still open does anyone know? Trying to phone them for last few days and getting answer phone each time. Want to see if they think camera worth fixing before I bring it down.
yes,cameracare as open.i found them great.very good guys to deal with.
fixed my camera.did a great job.very happy.

there is a camera repair shop on dame street

camera care
24/26 dame house,dame street
Ph: 6778100

i got a camera repaired there awhile ago. if he can repair it there he will if not he sends it off
yes,if found cameracare on dame st the best.nice guy there i was talking to.great service.if you want your camera repaired cameracare ph016778100 are the best .

Back