Caledonian Life With Profits Bond

C

citrus

I am considering investing into above mentioned bond. I understand that the capital and loyalty bonus is guaranted on the 10th anniversary, or before if one of the holder dies.
What are the safest bonds out there?

I guess this bond can go bust like any others. If it does, is it guaranteed under the investor compensation scheme?

With Profit funds are not very transparent. It's difficult to understand how your return is calculated. There's a huge amount of trust required.

That said, Caledonian Life's product has been delivering decent returns to date, said with the usual caveat that past performance is not a guarantee of future returns.

I may be wrong on this but I think Caledonian Life may be party to the UK compensation scheme, through their parent Royal Liver. You should check this with them, as the UK scheme is excellent and has no Irish equivalent.

There was a recent article in one of the newspapers confirming Caledonian Life and Standard life were the only companies operating in Ireland to which this guarantee applied, as their parent company operate in the UK, and as such they are part of the UK Financial Services Authority compensation scheme. This gives me an added bit of comfort as I have investments with both.

Back