Calculator/formula to gross-up tax exempt income?

Aladdin

Is there an Irish revenue online calculator or somesuch to gross-up tax exempt income? Lenders seem to auto-calculate all gross as taxable regardless of status which weakens any application. Be great to know if there is a way to compute it without a degree in finance or maths!

not from the revenue, but a good few income tax calculators online are updated each year after budget day.

Lenders seem to auto-calculate all gross as taxable regardless of status which weakens any application.
There is no scope in the macro prudential legislation to have any different treatment for LTI maximums.

For banks internal underwriting and stress testing, your net monthly salary comes into play, so they should be requesting bank statements to see your net pay.

As you've got a non standard scenario, I'd recommend using a competent broker, and they can provide a cover letter to your application explaining the scenario.

There is no scope in the macro prudential legislation to have any different treatment for LTI maximums.

For banks internal underwriting and stress testing, your net monthly salary comes into play, so they should be requesting bank statements to see your net pay.

As you've got a non standard scenario, I'd recommend using a competent broker, and they can provide a cover letter to your application explaining the scenario.
OK so even if I grossed-up to use as equivalent it wouldn't fly? Tried a broker a while back who charged me 500 quid upfront and then did sweet FA after I uploaded all docs so they were out of date by the time they finished asking for them! So was hoping going direct to banks armed with more accurate numbers from the get-go might work better.

OK so even if I grossed-up to use as equivalent it wouldn't fly?
Isn't that just misstating the income you did receive? If you receive €1,000 which isn't taxed for whatever reason, you can't write down that you received say €2,000 without risking an accusation of fraud.

OK so even if I grossed-up to use as equivalent it wouldn't fly?
But you can't prove that income when asked?

The fact you're a company director means its a non-standard application anyhow, so it's going to be scrutinised, and company accounts needed, etc.

Isn't that just misstating the income you did receive? If you receive €1,000 which isn't taxed for whatever reason, you can't write down that you received say €2,000 without risking an accusation of fraud.

Not sure how it could be considered fraud. I'm merely trying to find a way to not have my exempt income given the same status as taxed income, because it's not the reality and pushes my affordability way down when lenders input into their off-the-cuff calculators which spits out the numbers net of tax.
So it's only taxable income that's applicable then?

No. "Income" is relevant.
You have a non standard scenario which you need to explain to the lender. There's no point making up figures

OK, I really should have made it clear that I wasn't intending on supplying made-up numbers to the actual lender. I merely wanted to get a better idea of my LTI from the outset when using the affordability calculators online. Thanks!

@Aladdin
Forget about LTI, you probably need an exemption to that. Look at affordability calculation; how much net income will you have left each month AFTER mortgage payments, with 2% added to interest rate. That's what bank will assess.

You need c. 2,300 for a couple, with an additional 200 to 250 per child.

Back