Buying tools online

O

OhPinchy

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy tools at a good price online?

Looking at getting the usual range of manual tools, but also interested in a few power tools like screwgun/drill, jigsaw, sander etc.

You can also shop online at http://www.woodiesdiy.com/woodies/default.asp?shop=woodies (Woodies)

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, Screwfix looked like I was onto a winner but the email below confirms they don't deliver outside of UK.

I'm finding that most of the online tool suppliers based in the UK won't deliver outside UK. I've narrowed my choice down to a few Ryobi products so now its a case of finding a place that delivers them to Ireland and are close to the prices I found on www.kelkoo.co.uk. I've tried Ebay but most of the UK sellers won't sell to Ireland.

Woodies and All Goods sites (and B&Q and Homebase.co.uk) are substantially more expensive than the other UK sites I have found.

I'll keep looking and post details of any good value sites that deliver to Ireland.

Dear OhPinchy

Thank you for your e-mail.

Screwfix Direct does not deliver to Overseas addresses. Deliveries are only made to UK postal addresses in order to keep its costs, and therefore its product prices, as low as possible.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Re: ...

I used a work contact to get airlines tickets from opodo, they only delivered to the UK as well, so for a heavy box of tools I suspect the postage will outweight any cost savings?

Thanks for the furntech. Axminster seemed to be a little more expensive than the other sites I found though, and they don't do Ryobi tools which is what I'm after as they are good value and are getting a good name for themselves, and the 24 month guarantee helps.

The site that I have now ordered off is www.tooled-up.com they are a bit more expensive than some other sites that only deliver to UK mainland ( I contacted a few others and they said this was a way they keep costs down) but the prices were still pretty decent.

Delivery seems to be £14.95 for any item, but it seems you can order as many items as you like and just pay £14.95 - I've just ordered 12 items including drill, jigsaw and workbench and was only charged £14.95 - will post back to let you know on how long delivery takes.

I think www.diytools.com and www.caldertrade.co.uk deliver to Ireland but they also didn't have what I was after

So the gear arrived after a week and a half (despatch delayed by items out of stock) which isnt bad, especially when you consider how much I got delivered for £15.95.

Well happy with it, most of the gear was a bit cheaper than I'd get it in a DIY store here, but the Ryobi drill I got was a damn good deal so it was worthwhile overall.

So www.tooled-up.com is an option for anyone looking to have tools delivered from the UK...now lets hope more sites start offering this so we can start making massive savings....

Re: ...

Busy few weekends more like it! This weekend is the good stuff though - I get to break stuff: pull up the floors, pull down the ceilings, pull off doors skirtings and architraves etc. Next weekend is when the kango comes out to play to knock a trench in the floor for the 4inch waste for the understairs toilet thats going in.

Back