Buying prescription drugs online

Carnmore

Can prescription drugs be bought online for a lower price than a high street pharmacy?

I found one but it was for generic drugs only rather than a branded one still on patent.

Thanks in advance

From the Health Products Regulatory Authority website:

"In Ireland, it is against the law to supply prescription medicines by mail order (including through the internet). Manufacturing fake or counterfeit medicines – known as falsified medicines – is also a criminal offence. Illegal prescription medicines that are discovered by customs officials coming into the country are destroyed. There have also been prosecutions and other actions involving website operators."

More here.

From the Health Products Regulatory Authority website:

"In Ireland, it is against the law to supply prescription medicines by mail order (including through the internet). Manufacturing fake or counterfeit medicines – known as falsified medicines – is also a criminal offence. Illegal prescription medicines that are discovered by customs officials coming into the country are destroyed. There have also been prosecutions and other actions involving website operators."

More here.

I'm looking for genuine legal drugs from a pharmacy outside Ireland if need be

Same answer Carnmore:

"In Ireland, it is against the law to supply prescription medicines by mail order (including through the internet) ...... "

They are referring to genuine legal drugs here.

Some reading for you:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0609/794324-illegal-prescription-drugs/

From the article:

"The HPRA said that no online pharmacy is authorised to supply prescription medicines into Ireland and under law, the supply of prescription-only medicine by mail order is prohibited."

Another article:

http://www.thejournal.ie/steroids-prescription-medicines-online-crackdown-2813776-Jun2016/

I'm looking for genuine legal drugs from a pharmacy outside Ireland if need be

I'd be worried about buying meds of any kind from some random individual online. You have absolutely no way of knowing for certain what you are given is in fact correct and you could be putting your health at risk.

They have proper online pharmacies in the UK (like Boots). You'd need a prescription and it would seem that they can't legally ship here but if you have friends/family in the UK and the savings are compelling it might be an option.

Using an online only that doesn't require a prescription is a no no and recipe for fake drugs.

Back