Buying on Amazon.com

J

John7777

Hi.

I was trying to buy a few items on the US version of the Amazon site in order to take advantage of the currency situation, but it keeps giving me a message saying they cannot deliver to me. I live in Ireland. Does anyone know any way around this or do i have to make do with the UK site?

Cheers,

John7777

do i have to make do with the UK site?

'fraid so... :(

Re: do i have to make do with the UK site?

It depends what products you buy - I've got books & CD's without any problem. Toys and other items seem to be limited to US addresses only.

Hi John,

Were you buying from Amazon themselves or from an Amazon partner?

The used and new section lists the various Amazon retailers - many of whom don't ship to Ireland unless they specify International delivery.

I haven't checked but can you filter by international delivery...or is that just on Ebay?

Because of the different pricing of electronic goods in the USA and the EU Amazon refuse to send these items to anyone who has a billing address here. You could always try their stores in France, Spain and Germany, where prices are sometimes lower than in the UK.

Last year I tried to buy a digital camera for a friend in Canada but the USA site would not take my order.

Back