Buying new home - pyrite certificate

Ning

I'm considering buying a duplex in an apartment block built in 2006 in an area affected by pyrite (Meath). I'm buying directly from the builder as 'new', the builder is selling the existing stock.

I don't see any report for that estate around pyrite when searching the internet, but I'd rather be 100%. Do I have a right to get a pyrite certificate? Is it mandatory, or is there any type of protection for the buyers following the pyrite situation?

I don't think a simple survey mandated by me would give a definitive answer on whether there is pyrite.

This seems to me an excellent question, that many people would like to see answered.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer, just thought it deserved a bump up!

There is a comprehensive list of properties which have pyrite issues but its not available to the public lest they be in a position to make an informed decision on the biggest purchase of their lives and one for which they likely pay for over the next 20-30 years...but never fear,if you do inadvertently buy such a property there is always Homebond who will immediately remedy the situation and pay to have it put right.

Ireland,what a foine little Country you are.