buying iShares ETFs

asksm

On the iShares global website Ireland is not listed as a country where iShares products are registered for distribution. Does this mean that a person in Ireland cannot own shares in an iShares ETF even if they have a stock broker that trades for example on the German stock exchange where many of the iShares ETFs are traded?

In my case the stock broker I am considering opening an account with is based in the UK rather than Ireland.

On the iShares global website Ireland is not listed as a country where iShares products are registered for distribution. Does this mean that a person in Ireland cannot own shares in an iShares ETF even if they have a stock broker that trades for example on the German stock exchange where many of the iShares ETFs are traded?

In my case the stock broker I am considering opening an account with is based in the UK rather than Ireland.

I'm looking to answer the same question, if anyone has any advice?

You can buy iShares ETFs with a Saxo or TD Direct account for example. Both based in UK.

Personally, I find Deutche Bank DB X-trackers ETFs to have lower TERs than iShares, so that's the route I go.

Thanks for that, I'll look into them.
Would you know, is there any benefit/dangers with a nominee account vs a Crest account, or does this come into it at all?

You can buy iShares ETFs with a Saxo or TD Direct account for example. Both based in UK.

Personally, I find Deutche Bank DB X-trackers ETFs to have lower TERs than iShares, so that's the route I go.

Back