Buying in Cork City (and surrounds)

I live in Maryborough Woods as well Dino.
Have a walk in around the Mall in the evening its a little weird development if you ask me.I think the 2 beds are selling for around the 400 k mark.
Aslo I believe that a chemist,doctor,shop and hairdressing salon are due to open up there soon.

D

Yeah, the Mall looks a little odd sitting in the middle of the estate. They have 2 bed 800 Sq Ft apartments starting at around €330 to 350K. Not bed as an investment because all the property in that area seems to appreciate very well.

This may be of interest to a few posters here. I live in M'Woods, and I can't fault the place. I have a late morning start so traffic doesn't affect me.
Anyway's just to let people know... The show apartment in The Mall in Maryborough Woods is open tonight (Wednesday 25th) from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
I can only assume that these apartments are selling very slowing as they have been on the market for over 2 months and I have yet to see any of them occupied. I don't think Micheal O'Flynn envisaged having to put a show apartment in there. But I will go along there tonight, just because I am nosey really!

Dino,

You've probably gathered that no matter where you ask about, someone who has already invested there will tell you that it's the best place ever!!! EVER!!!

Drive to the area you are considering at rush hour and see how the traffic is. Drive there at nighttime and see if there are gangs hanging around. Drive there at the weekend and see what it's like then too.
Ring the local garda station and ask about it.
And find out how much it costs for a taxi into the city.

Weigh it all up yourself.

If I was buying in the city, I'd buy inside the link road network because traffic doesn't tend to be too bad.

hi.
there is going to be a big new development in Lehenaghmore(back of togher and the airport)
there is already a development up there called Matthew hill and the same builder is going to be doing this new dev..irish and european were the auctioneers the last time..Rden homes are the builders and i have been in a few and they were well priced and an excellent finish

therave said:
hi.
there is going to be a big new development in Lehenaghmore(back of togher and the airport)
there is already a development up there called Matthew hill and the same builder is going to be doing this new dev..irish and european were the auctioneers the last time..Rden homes are the builders and i have been in a few and they were well priced and an excellent finish

Interesting - any idea when the first phase will be released?
If there were no stage payments I'd be interested.

newkid30 said:
What about Middleton, would you recommend this as an area to live in?

Middleton and Carrigtwohill house prices are likely to increase with the recent job announcements and rail line. It's amenties are also growing to serve the population. The Jack Lynch tunnel traffic can be very bad though. And not just at peak commutter hours. Mahon Point can effect it too.

kazbah said:
Middleton and Carrigtwohill house prices are likely to increase with the recent job announcements and rail line. It's amenties are also growing to serve the population. The Jack Lynch tunnel traffic can be very bad though. And not just at peak commutter hours. Mahon Point can effect it too.

Since they put the traffic lights on the roundabout in the last month, Traffic at the tunnel has improved dramatically. No more long waits.

Midleton is a fantastic town. Highly recommended.

hi Kazbah,there are usually stage payments for this developer,i don't have a number for them but the last development they did was also in Lehenaghmore called Matthew hill,try larry murphy at irish and european in the south mall,he might point you in the right direction

also try Ashmount court,sherry fitz are the agents and the houses are up behind the silversprings moran hotel..good access to the road network for the south link through the tunnel or else through the city

Re: Buying in Cork

shnaek said:
What do ye think of the city centre as a place to buy? I looked at places on the south side on Dunbar street and Barrack street, and on the north side on Alexandra road. But I am not from Cork so I really don't have much knowledge of the place.

TBH, I was looking at this area to buy an investment property. There seems to be a mix between older people, trendies and a LOT of rental. I think it is the rental that has driven prices up. I saw a 2 bed terraced house up the road by the Yangtzee takeaway. They were looking for 220K+ for what was a joke of a house. I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen rats. It would have needed another 40,000 to sort out the place.

Back