Buying house but has bank & revenue judgement

Nameloc

I put an offer in on a derelict house which was accepted and deposits paid the auctioneer.
My solicitor received the paperwork and immediately sent it back to their solicitor as there were judgements from both the bank and revenue!

This will be a cash purchase so the mortgage aspect wont be an issue.

Obviously this is a fair bit of work from the vendors solicitor but this has already been going on for the past couple of months.
I was just wondering if anyone has come across the same issues and roughly what sort of timeframes I could be looking at?

I'm just keen to start working on it before the bad weather starts to disappear.

IANAL
I would think the vendors solicitor will have to give an undertaking that the charges will be cleared.

If the vendors are cooperative as Thirsty says, could be resolved pretty quickly. Last house I bought had a charge discovered during the final checks too. Revenue were actively pursuing that one at the time, but it still took 3-4 months before it was resolved. Luckily it was just Revenue who were owed there, so they were able to send in the sheriffs to seize goods to satisfy the debt.

Back