Buying Golf Equipment in Beunos Aires

J

joanmul

I am going to Beunos Aires on a group golfing trip at the end of January. Would anyone know of a website that I could look up prices of golf equipment in Argentina - quite a lot of it is made there I believe. I have the option of buying in North America and having it delivered to my hotel but I don't know if there are serious restrictions between the two countries. Anyway I want to check out Argentina's prices (and currency value) first in case it is hugely competitive.
Hope someone can help.

Not much out there and my spanosh is very bad..
I hope it is of some help.
[broken link removed]

Buenos Aires is great for shopping for tourists - The devalued peso caused many problems in Argentina but locally produced goods are very cheap now when bought there and converted back to US$ / €

I've no idea about Golf Equipment I'm afraid but certainly locally made fashions & shoes (they have some very good local brands) are very very cheap compared to European and especially Irish prices.

I would imagine that with Argentina being a relatively prosperous country (for at least a significant enough number of people in the Middle classes there) there are a reasonable number of Golfers around thus there should be golf shops somewhere.

Provided what you are buying is locally produced then I would guess it would be very competitively priced. What you will not find cheap is imported goods - they are basically the same price as you would pay in most other places.

Argentina

Here's a site I found - www.zonagolf.com.ar/

limited range prices are in US$ - I know nothing about Golf so I've no idea whether it's a good deal or not (looks expensive for a metal stick to me !)

If you are looking around Argentinian websites one important thing to note is that the symbol for pesos is $ too ... so if the price is given as $100 that means 100 pesos .. if if they price in Dollars they always write US$100 (or $100US) ... if the US isn't there it means in Pesos

1€= 3.7pesos

Look on yahoo.com.ar , terra.com.ar .. they're in Spanish but Golf is golf in any language !

Golf equipment in Buenos Aires

Thanks EvilDoctor for the info. Especially about the US$ and peso symbol. I'll wait till I get there to look at the equipment before buying.
Many thanks.

Golf equipment in Buenos Aires

Thanks TallChappy for the link. I had a look but I would have to register - my spanish is non existent so I didn't but thanks anyway.

There are import duties and vat to be paid on all goods over a certain value ( it used to be about 90 euro ) brought in to the e.c. from outside the e.c.

If you get caught by Irish customs, they can and will charge you a fortune, and rightfully so. It happens all the time.

customs duty on golf clubs

My father in law brought back a set of golf clubs from a trip to the states a few years ago. He went to the 'something to declare desk' to pay the duty on said clubs. The staff at customs had no idea what to do ... they did not know how to calculate the duty owed, couldn't find the appropriate forms etc. After several wasted hours, they let him go ... he said never again would he bother declaring anything at customs!

Re: customs duty on golf clubs

I know someone else who had to pay 1560 euro on stuff. Is this the sort of service we pay our revenue commisioner / customs for ?

Look at Posh Spice + Becks a few months ago - it was widely reported in the media how they had to pay a few thousand stg to UK customs after a shopping tip to the US.

I remember that ......

... they were interviewed on Parky and they mentioned that she got her engagement ring in Tiffanys in New York. They got a call from the inland revenue the following day. Lovely.

P.S.

Just bought clubs on www.golfclubs.com . Ordered them Thursday, had them y'day. Not bad considering last weekend was thanksgiving in the US. And did get caught for duty.

Duty on Golf Clubs

Just wondering how you got caught for duty on the golf clubs?

Back