Buying an Apple MAC from the US - problems?

I am hoping to buy a Macbook when I am in the US in September. Just wondering if there is any difference in the keyboard or software of the US Macbook and the Irish Macbook. There's a price difference of €400-500! Thanks for any help.

Macbooks from the US are identical. I've got one. It was from a batch of US laptops that were redeployed to Europe for sale to meet European demand. I bought it through the Irish Apple store. I know it came from US stocks because Apple support noted it when looking up the serial number. I got support on it after they realised it was shipped from China to the US originally, it wasn't in their normal database of serial numbers.

The support people didn't care where I bought it.

Thanks for the reply I guess its €400 in my pocket when I buy one in the US instead of Ireland.

Re: Buying an Apple

Thinking of buying an Apple MacBook Pro in US in a few weeks? Have a 2 yr old Sony Viao at present. How do people feel PC compares with Mac...know this is a broad question so I expect varied answers!! Am undecided now, so am hoping for inspiration!!!

You'll never go back! And even if you did want to, you can run windows on it now. It's a no-brainer. I bought my first Mac in the states last easter and I have to say that I am still impressed with it. The only problem I have is that I have a Dell at work and I get mixed up with the functions sometimes.

Back