Buying a used house

A

actionmo

I'm about to buy a second hand house (handing over the deposit today) in Dublin 15. It's not an investment it's a new home (upscaling from our current apartment). Is it really a bad time to buy? Should I wait and if so, why? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Do you feel that you got it for a good price?. We just bought a house in Bray and we have been sitting on the fence and noticed the definate slow in house buying and prices falling to sell the properties. It's a good time for buyers you can negotiate. We feel we have done extremely well with the house we have just went sale agreed on and we had no intention of paying a mad price due to the fact that the market is changing!!.
You know yourself, if the PP is correct go for it, if you think you may be taking a chance don't do it.
Put it this way, there is no way I would pay over €400k for a 3 bed semi now unlike a year ago. It's happening so take full advatage of it!!. Hopefully you have done well with the sale of your own property!!

Back