buying a house under shared ownership

blueshoes

was just wondering has anyone any information on this, ie how long does it take the council to secure the property ? i am waiting on the engineers report for the last 3weeks and it still hasnt come. ive rang and the lady said it was in the post. i asked her wot the surveyor said. he said house seems ok but not finished will have to go back when it fin 6-8weeks will they hand over the deposit or will it be after the surveyors 2nd visit? im really annoyed over it i dont see how anyone is a ment to buy a house if they wont do anything like 3 weeks!

It's impossible for us here to know what's going on, only thing is to keep ringing the council and asking questions and giving them heat. I know that with Fingal I didn't have to wait for anything, could barely keep up with them actually. It was ESB installing the meter in the wrong apartment that had me waiting for a month.

blueshoes said:
was just wondering has anyone any information on this, ie how long does it take the council to secure the property ? i am waiting on the engineers report for the last 3weeks and it still hasnt come. ive rang and the lady said it was in the post. i asked her wot the surveyor said. he said house seems ok but not finished will have to go back when it fin 6-8weeks will they hand over the deposit or will it be after the surveyors 2nd visit? im really annoyed over it i dont see how anyone is a ment to buy a house if they wont do anything like 3 weeks!

Ask for the name of the person you are speaking to? How about speaking to someone else? Go into the council in person.

Perhaps put it in writing, because a phone call is informal and can be dismissed.

Back