Bunq Paying 2.46% Instant Access & No Fees

....I closed the Bunq app earlier this evening and later on opened the app - it just opened with my balance on account without any verification whatsoever. If I closed the AIB app, there is no way I could go back in without re-entering digits etc. But Bunq just re-appeared with my balance on account without reentering any information.
Go to Profile => Settings "Cog" => Security.
You can select how long Auto logout should take. I have mine set at 5 minutes for convenience, but you can select 0 minutes if you want to be prompted every time.

no such options. unfortunately, i find, for me, with over 100k on deposit here, too concerning to progress with a "joint account", when it seems to be unclear as to whether "shared" "joint savings" are the same as "joint account" - which hold legal status, but which do not accrue interest.

The bridge between the typical banks and the confusion reigning (for me) are telling me to unwind this whole thing.

~Edit - separately, I closed the Bunq app earlier this evening and later on opened the app - it just opened with my balance on account without any verification whatsoever. If I closed the AIB app, there is no way I could go back in without re-entering digits etc. But Bunq just re-appeared with my balance on account without reentering any information.
Could you provide a screenshot when you click on 'Access'? (I'm on Apple and it looks like you have Android, so that could be a difference there).

I am experiencing the exact same issue with BUNQ. Started the "5 minute" sign up process on Wednesday of last week. A week after I am still waiting for a verification code or a means to jump to the next step. Customer Support worse than useless - try this, try that (remove/reinstall, reboot, delete, yada yada, all of which were irrelevant and resolved nothing). Finally called them out on it being a known bug with their systems, which they eventually acknowledged. It's now been "passed to developers to investigate with their SMS messaging partner blah blah. Having had a few less than positive experiences while dealing with banks via online platforms (Northern Rock, Ulster Bank, KBC) this is not really inspiring much confidence.
Closing out on this. I finally got my BUNQ A/C working - a full month after starting. Support is appalling, worse even than AIB. And the app is alarmingly glitchy and inconsistent. I'll only be using this for money that I can be sure I'll never need in a hurry to allow plenty of time to resolve any issues that may arise at withdrawal.

Closing out on this. I finally got my BUNQ A/C working - a full month after starting. Support is appalling, worse even than AIB. And the app is alarmingly glitchy and inconsistent. I'll only be using this for money that I can be sure I'll never need in a hurry to allow plenty of time to resolve any issues that may arise at withdrawal.
Like others on here I experienced enormous difficulties getting my account open and working the way I wanted it - a lot longer than "5 minutes"! However, once I succeeded I have been very happy with the way it works and I've had no problems withdrawing funds to my main current account.

As a counterpoint, I opened an account last week and it was completed in twenty minutes. Subsequent lodgements to bunq have taken between 12 and 48 hours but I put that down to my Irish bank.

Happy enough so far but I only have an 'Easy Savings' account and have only lodged money. I do think that the app has an awful lot of unnecessary rubbish on it. If I'm not paying an outrageous monthly fee to plant trees somewhere, I shouldn't have to see this!

To add to other comments, I made a withdrawal request yesterday for 50k and it was in my main current account today. If anything, the ease of logging in and requesting makes me nervous, I'd prefer some 2 factor authentication with Bunq than simply a 6 digit code. (I did have to type in my current account IBAN, but not sure whether they verify that is the correct one behind the scenes).

Their security is a joke, I'm closing my account. Having just a code to access via a web browser without another authentication method is wreckless

Their security is a joke, I'm closing my account. Having just a code to access via a web browser without another authentication method is wreckless
They state that withdrawals can only be made to a bank account in your name - presumably verified. So someone would have to at least have an account in your name, and also access to your Bunq account, which would be difficult enough. But I agree, it seems very basic in terms of controls, and I thought EU law required 2 factor authentications. Same with Advanzia, but they have additional requirement that only accounts that deposited can be withdrawn to, which is good.

What if I lose my laptop and someone uses my browser ? They won't use a private browser

It only seems to work on Edge for me so you should be fine because no one uses that :D All joking aside. They would need to find your laptop, know your password for your laptop, know you have a Bunq account and know your pin for Bunq as well. As for the app, the KBC app requires just your pin (or biometrics) to access just like Bunq. I was able to add new payees and empty my KBC accounts by sending money to those payess without any further verification as far as I remember. Although the daily limits are lower with KBC. PTSB also let me log in using just my pin. Not sure if they have any other extra verification requirement for transfers though.

It only seems to work on Edge for me so you should be fine because no one uses that :D All joking aside. They would need to find your laptop, know your password for your laptop, know you have a Bunq account and know your pin for Bunq as well. As for the app, the KBC app requires just your pin (or biometrics) to access just like Bunq. I was able to add new payees and empty my KBC accounts by sending money to those payess without any further verification as far as I remember. Although the daily limits are lower with KBC. PTSB also let me log in using just my pin. Not sure if they have any other extra verification requirement for transfers though.
Seems like AIB are much better in this regard, you need a card reader to setup a payee and any payment to a new IBAN will get blocked until they call to verify

Good security seems cumbersome
Most banks use either a phone app or an SMS message to validate transfers/transaction. To send money from either my KBC, Bunq or PTSB account someone needs to take my phone, have my phone pin and the pin I use for the banking app. I would notice my phone going missing a lot quicker than I would some AIB device that I would just leave stuck in a drawer somewhere. I can even lock my phone or erase it remotely straight away.

From March, and already known on here, but still holding out hope that with the next ECB rate rise that they might increase rates for second class EU citizens :)

"
Hey bunqers

We’re very happy to announce that after yet another interest hike by the European Central Bank, we raised MassInterest on Personal Accounts. As of March 22, 2023, the following applies:

• The interest rate for Personal Savings Accounts raises from 1.56% to 2.01% for all users who live in the Netherlands.
  • This is applicable only for users who reside within The Netherlands."

Back