Bunq Paying 2.46% Instant Access & No Fees

@irbx to open a Savings sub account you need to pay for that option correct? So the Easy Savings (free) option (which I'm on) is really only a deposit account earning no interest.
That's the same that I am on but got no interest. The same rep that said it was first saying a bug is now saying I need to open sub savings account under my easy savings account. When go to create it pushes you to 8.99 subscription with one month trial to complete it with no ways around it. I possible have accepted the free trial and then cancel it straight away. But lost confidence in them now so raisin bank looking much better option now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-01-11-05-35-15_4e74b75565d5afe6b1709e1ce0e1dc2a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-01-11-05-35-15_4e74b75565d5afe6b1709e1ce0e1dc2a.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
That's the same that I am on but got no interest. The same rep that said it was first saying a bug is now saying I need to open sub savings account under my easy savings account. When go to create it pushes you to 8.99 subscription with one month trial to complete it with no ways around it. I possible have accepted the free trial and then cancel it straight away. But lost confidence in them now so raisin bank looking much better option now.
If you do stick with them - make sure to check "Settings:Accounting:Invoices and Billing:Upcoming Invoice". From my experience if you accidentally choose any 8.99 plan options - they will switch you to "Easy" Savings but you'll take that option with you without being warned and get billed for it as an addon.

One positive aspect is at least the monthly interest (if it's ever paid) does make the problem show up quicker than most accounts with yearly interest.

I can't figure out how to open the free "savings account" which apparently is needed to receive the interest. This Bunq app is confusing and their chat bot is useless. It's so bad it almost seems deliberate.

I have an Easy Savings plan (opened October) and am receiving monthly interest and no charges. So it's at least possible, don't have any magic solution though.

I have an Easy Savings plan (opened October) and am receiving monthly interest and no charges.
Can I ask how your main app looks - do you have your Total Balance, then a Main sub-account or Savings sub-account? I think thats the confusion. I have Total & a Main & if I go to add a Savings, it's asking to move to pay monthly for another sub-account.

Probably not specific to Irish accounts either, so maybe Reddit users could be of help

I literally just got my interest (at 1:19 PM) for the month. I'm on Easy Savings, with one "main" account.

To reiterate from a previous post of mine: if you want to be on Easy Savings, you change plan under Profile > Plan.
AFAIK you can only have one (sub) account on Easy Savings, so Support telling you to create another is wrong, as that's only a feature of paid accounts. But you don't *need* another "savings" account; it *is* a savings account.

I literally just got my interest (at 1:19 PM) for the month. I'm on Easy Savings, with one "main" account.
Okay looks like the agent wrong again. same happened me the app pushed my interest to me after 1pm on the main account. So not sure what's going on even more confused. Will take read of redit later

I have an Easy Savings plan (opened October) and am receiving monthly interest and no charges. So it's at least possible, don't have any magic solution though.
Same here, had a really smooth experience setting up the a/c, and other than having to hunt for 'massinterest' option in the settings, have received interest on a monthly basis consistently ever since.

I opened an account on January 16th and received interest today. Click into it though and it says ”as an easy money member you’ve earned interest” I have the easy savings account. The easy money account is the €8.99 tier which they force a free trial on you and which I cancelled strai away after setting up the easy savings account.
Maybe it’s just unfortunate wording on their part.

Actually I must be still on easy money trial despite only having an easy savings account. I did an instant transfer the other day and that’s not available with an easy savings account apparently.
it certainly is a confusing set up.

Last edited:
You can specify whether you want to receive interest paid into the main account or a savings sub-account but it's not intuitive. Go to "profile," then "settings," then "Freedom of choice," then "receive interest on" and click on the relevant account (and make sure the "I want to receive interest" switch is on). However, *paid into* doesn't mean "
*paid on* as interest is only paid on money that's on a savings sub-account.

Last edited:
I can't figure out how to open the free "savings account" which apparently is needed to receive the interest. This Bunq app is confusing and their chat bot is useless. It's so bad it almost seems deliberate.

On the home page click "main account"

Click the gear wheel.

Click "Convert to Savings account"

Last edited:
I started a support chat with them yesterday because I also received no interest. It said to expect up to 24 hours for a reply, and that's passed now with no response. I was previously recommending them to people but now I'm concerned about their ability to manage accounts.

I'm currently on 'easy green' and will move to 'easy savings' on Feb 12th (hoping I'll receive some interest at some stage as I can't make head nor tail of it.. :)

I received the same reply from support as somebody else above. You need to have the Savings account as a sub account. Not sure if I can delete the main account I have, then set up a new savings sub. I'll probably just take all the money out, and try that. If it works, try a few bob to see if the interest is coming, otherwise close the account completely.
There's no option to Convert the Main to Savings account when I go through the options. Only way I can see is to set up a new savings sub account which requires payment of 8.99 per month. If you're on the Easy Savings (free) option, there really should be only 1 account and thats where the interest goes. From all the above it seems you're either getting interest or your not!

I dont think you need to delete the main account. Try adding a sub account to it. Click the Add button at the bottom of the screen.
I have a sub-acount and I have the free savings account. Im not sure how it got it though
1675438548927.png

Back