Bunq Paying 2.46% Instant Access & No Fees

The online Dutch bank Bunq have one of the highest instant access rates on the market in a long time.

The Bunq "Easy Savings" account pays 1.05% interest, paid monthly.

Up to 2 instant withdrawals every month

One NL, DE, ES, FR or IE IBAN.

No fees on this account. There are fees with other Bunq products.

Last edited:
The online Dutch bank Bunq have one of the highest instant access rates on the market in a long time.

The Bunq "Easy Savings" account pays 1.05% interest, paid monthly.

Up to 2 instant withdrawals every month

One NL, DE, ES, FR or IE IBAN.

No fees on this account. There are fees with other Bunq products.
Bunq are great, they have SEPA instant too which is handy if you have an N26 account. You do need to be careful signing up, as it's easy to miss their free option, they do their best to point you towards one of the paid products (fair enough I say).

Bunq are great, they have SEPA instant too which is handy if you have an N26 account. You do need to be careful signing up, as it's easy to miss their free option, they do their best to point you towards one of the paid products (fair enough I say).

Yeah, and even when you click on the free option, they sign you up by default with the paid version but with a 30 day free trial. So you have to switch to the free option inside the app after sign up.

I might lodge a large deposit with this Bank. Is it an online only bank if so, are there any risks of fraud or ways of locking down the account to eliminate risk of fraud such as freezing all withdrawl options on an app?
I assume as a Dutch bank there are no risks of losing the money under the €100, 000 deposit guarantee.

I might lodge a large deposit with this Bank. Is it an online only bank if so,
Yes.
are there any risks of fraud or ways of locking down the account to eliminate risk of fraud such as freezing all withdrawl options on an app?
I assume as a Dutch bank there are no risks of losing the money under the €100, 000 deposit guarantee.

Yeah, and even when you click on the free option, they sign you up by default with the paid version but with a 30 day free trial. So you have to switch to the free option inside the app after sign up.
Must be a change, I signed up at launch and was able to get the free savings account without any trials of other a/c types.

Yes, this was very welcome timing with UB and KBC exiting. I bunq'ed those savings all over :)

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting money transferred back from Bunq?
Trustpilot reviews aren't great. Main thing that worries me (was about to start using it) is the possibilty of delays and messing about from them when deposit money matures and will try and get it back into my brick and mortar bank for example

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting money transferred back from Bunq?
Trustpilot reviews aren't great. Main thing that worries me (was about to start using it) is the possibilty of delays and messing about from them when deposit money matures and will try and get it back into my brick and mortar bank for example
I've used it since they launched last year as a savings a/c. No issues whatsoever. Have made several deposits / withdrawals.

Bunq supports SEPA Instant which is handy if you have an N26 or Revolut a/c - lives up to its name. Why the mainstream Irish banks haven't implemented this I can't understand.

Yep. Very straightforward. Just enter the IBAN for where you want to send the money to.

In terms of User Experience, it's very similar to Revolut.

The money doesn't "mature" as such. It's just a current account that gets paid interest monthly.

Regarding the reviews, I think there's a large element of selection bias at play. People tend not to write reviews about services they're happy with. And it's only 18 total reviews anyway. That's not to say that getting incorrectly flagged for AML and having your account logged isn't a risk - it is but the likelihood of it happening is far overblown.

I've used it since they launched last year as a savings a/c. No issues whatsoever. Have made several deposits / withdrawals.

Bunq supports SEPA Instant which is handy if you have an N26 or Revolut a/c - lives up to its name. Why the mainstream Irish banks haven't implemented this I can't understand.
Another advantage is that is that the a/c has high limits for transfers (which you can personalise in the app, up or down - good customer focus). This is important for me as my mortgage provider allows a set number of overpayments every year, without penalty. Some Irish banks have very small limits on transfers, or require all sorts of hoops to be jumped through when you want to send a larger one (customer focus?).

In short the Bunq account is a must for me - it acts as a savings a/c during the year, and then effortlessly allows large mortgage overpayments when required. The icing on the cake is the interest - you have to love competition!

Irish banks decided they needed their own system, completely separate to everyone else - https://synch.ie/

Quick query about this one: do you have to arrange to pay DIRT on the interest earned to the Revenue, like with the Raisin accounts? Or does Bunq process all that as they are established to operate in Ireland? Tks.

Back