Buildings insurance

aislingkelly

Hi i am building a house at the minute and i am wondering how much is a realistic price to pay for building in the course of construction insurance?
I got one quote of e500 and another of e850? Why such a difference??

If there is a contractor building your house the lender may be just interested in having 'fire' cover on the buildings. You can also buy this cover to include storm and flood (+ something else?) and that may account for the variant in premium.

Different Insurers will have different rates for the covers required.

In relation to your quote for building insurance i am currently building a house. The cheapest quote i got was 2600 for 2 years but that had public liabilty. I got quotes up to 3200. I got my engineer to check the policy i took out and he said it covered everything (theft of goods)

regards
katie

We paid about 360 euro last year for a house under construction policy - it covered damage by fire or explosion - (not sure now if flooding was covered) no theft or public liability. Policy was with Hibernian .

great thx for that everyone its just our house under construction policy is 501eur,was wondering if that sounded ok or not

Back