Building not being built where plans show

U

Unregistered

Hi,

At the back of my house there's a small yard and then a narrow river (it's about 30 ft from the back of my house to the adjoining property). A new building is being built currently beside the river on that property. My issue is where they're building is about 1.5 metres up from where the maps they got planning with show and the affect of this is it moves a glass door that faces onto the river over to now face directly into my back yard - something I'm not happy with as it affects the privacy of the yard.

I assume this is not something they can do? However I would also think if I make an issue of it they will simply look for retention...

I'm basically looking for opionions or advice

Thanks.

i saw a program called neighbours from hell on utv a while back. a couple living in a terraced house got an apartment block built right behind their house with 4 or 5 different apartments looking straight in their kitchen window. as it was just being completed, they discovered it was built 20 feet nearer than the PP had stated and guess what. the developers had to pull the whole lot down and rebuild it. ouch.

get straight on to your local county council (planning dept.), they can halt the buildings work and make it be built in the correct place.

Repeating the above comments also, they only have authority to build using the exact specifications of the approved plans. Minor indiscretions can cause huge problems for the developers but your seems to be a major fault with the construction.

It would be tempting to leave them to build further but then we are being a little bit cynical so in order to get it resolved make sure you a reading the plans correctly and then go along to the council and ask for an inspection of the plans and the progress, which is of course outside of the plans parameters.

Back