Builder Wont Pay Bill

kseire

Hi,

I have done some steel work for a Builder in December 2005.
I have been chasing him for months attempting to get payment but he hasnt sent payment yet.

Which steps should I now take to get this money?

How have you chased him ? Have you gone to his house, Phone call, Letter ? How much is it ? Have he given any excuses ?
Speak to a Debit Collection Agency !

Good Luck

Dozens of phone calls, and when he started ignoring my phone calls I visited a site he is working on and handed him a statement of his account.

No excuses at all. Just keeps fobbing me off.

Its a couple of grand, enough not to forget about!

Ill look in the debt collection agency. Cheers

talk to your solicitor, a lot offer debt collection. Make sure to agree a fixed fee in advance. I find it is more effective and cheaper than using a debt collection agency

What I would do is send him a nice sweet reg letter with everything explained with copies of statements etc and give him a two week deadline or you will apply to have a receiver appointed to recoup your money,see will you get a response, once this happens he wont be able to trade, remember its not only the banks that have the power to put someone into receivership

HI bskinti

How much do you think it costs to even apply to have a receiver appointed? Is it even possible? You would need a charge on some assets, I would have thought.

Debt collection is difficult - there is no simple solution

Brendan

Brendan if you read my post I said to send letter and see will he get a response as in the past this person has ignored him, would you like to get such a letter? or would you just pay your bill and yes it can be done according to my accountant how I don't know.

Back