Builder keeps saying 2 weeks to snag

Niallm

We purchased halfway though a development back in May this year. The builder advised end of June should be completed. Now since then the answer has always been two weeks.

Just wonder if anyone else gets the same answer or even better can say how long is is a builder two weeks in GMt

Re: Build keeps saying 2 weeks to snag

No control over it unless there was a completion date written in to the contract?

If not, he can keep fobbing you off.

typically add 2-3months on to whenever they say it's going to be done. they rarely get them done on time.

this is a ridiculous situation, when we bought our house 4 years ago the builder had a clause in the contract which basically meant that there was flexibility of around 18 months for completion. when asked solicitor about this said there was nothing that can be done. i suppose if you don't want to buy though but I would have though the sitaution is different nowadays with the slow down in residential sales, is there nothing in the contract.

then there is this snag list issue. it is a bit like a game, the builders leave faults in the house and you are supposed to find them. maybe car manufacturers should try it as well. we will give you the car for €40,000 but you have only 6 months to get back to us to find any faults.

i must say one has more rights when you buy a pair of shoes

Back