Buenos Aires

B

battyee

Has anyone been to B.A. ? We plan to spend 10 days there in March next. Any tips on where to visit, places to avoid, good resturants, tango dancing venues, climate, good value purchases, etc. appreciated.

Hi Battyee,

Welcome to AAM.

This previous thread might be of some help

The might be of some interest also. :)

Was in Buenos Aires in Feb/March last year

Weather is hot and quite humid - generally dry though

City is a bargain for us € folk - the devalued peso means that most things are very very cheap. Eating out is very cheap (you'd better not be vegetarian - the steaks are amazing!). Hotel accomodation is of a fairly high standard and pretty cheap in BsAs (though can be quite expensive in other more touristy parts of Argentina.)

Shopping - locally made clothing/leather goods are of excellent quality and very cheap (imported stuff like Zara etc. is not good value but they have sophisticated local brands so you won't really need miss Zara etc.)

Don't stay in BsAs for the whole 10 days - it's a nice city but utlimately most of it is pretty modern and there's not really that many sights etc.

Internal flights are quite reasonable - consider going up to Iguacu Falls (north on the border with Brazil/Paraguay) - That would I think be an excellent two/three day trip - they are the most awesome waterfalls I've ever seen.

10 Days in Argentina wouldn't really give you enough time to go down to Patagonia (it's a long distance and you would need at least 4/5 nights to see even a little bit of it).

If you want to "score" another country in your passport - day trips to Uruguay on the ferry are possible (i've not done this).

Can't help you on the Tango dancing I'm afraid .. not really my cup of tea !

Back