Budget - Job Seekers Benefit

pillowtalk

Hi,

I work a 3 day week and receive Job Seekers Benefit for the other 3. I have been doing this for nearly 2 years. Following the budget can somebody clarify if my benefit will be affected. It said something about it being reduced after a certain lenght of time - and then applying for Job seekers 'allowance'...does this effect me or am I OK as I pay PRSI every week.

Any advice would be helpful.

Hi,

I work a 3 day week and receive Job Seekers Benefit for the other 3. I have been doing this for nearly 2 years. Following the budget can somebody clarify if my benefit will be affected. It said something about it being reduced after a certain lenght of time - and then applying for Job seekers 'allowance'...does this effect me or am I OK as I pay PRSI every week.

Any advice would be helpful.

You need to find out the start date of your "current" claim. Because you have been on a three day week, you will be automatically requalifying for JB at the end of the 15 month cycle.

If your "current" (i.e last time you requalified for JB) claim is less than 6 months ago, your entitlement will be for 12 months only (not a problem for you as you are requalifying every time bny working 3 days a week) and you will need 2 years PRSI instead of 1 year as previously. check next time your in with your signing docket.

Back