BTEA/VTOS, Does Casual Employment Disqualify Applicant

gillarosa

Hi,

I was made Redundant last November and I am working occasional assignments through an Agency. I have been offered a course at a VEC and would love to take it up but I am concerned that I have disqualified myself from either VTOS or BTEA by working. I went to my SWO when I received the first assignment and transfered to the Casual docket system from my weekly collection at the PO and have been submitting the forms weekly since then.
I don't want to wait around on the dole for the course but on the other hand its something I would hate to miss out on as its a totally new direction and I think a great opportunity.
I do understand that I need to have been in receipt of a qualifying payment for at least 6 months subsequent to the beginning of the course in September, but not really sure if I am meeting that criteria.

Thanks for any and all advice.

The qualifying payment must be a measn-tested payment. Given your unusual circumstances, it would be best to approach a facilitator at your local office to discuss your situation. They are very helpful and may identify otehr avenues that are open to you.

Thanks Welfarite, I will go and speak to my local SW office when I am off work next week.

Back