BTE and working in summer

ellenb

Hi looking for advice please. I am currently in receipt of Back To Education Allowance. My course was a one year full time FETAC Level 5 course in a PLC college. It is due to finish shortly and I have applied for both 2nd and 3rd level courses-hoping to get the 3rd level course I want but will do Level 6 if I dont get it. May or may not be in current college. I have contacted the BTEA dept a number of times to find out what the story is with working over the summer and being able to claim BTEA come Sept. I know the current rule at the minute is that I can do this-however when I spoke with someone there a few months ago they advised that the whole thing was under review and they did not know what the story was and they would know by the end of March.
I have rung again and now being told a decision wont be reached until the end of April. I want to begin applying or summer work now but I dont want to do anything that could upset chances of getting BTEA in Sept-long term it makes more sense to get my degree and a proper job out of it.
Anyone any idea whats going on?? Thanks in advance?

Back