BT refusing payment from NIB account

car

Pay 80e every 2 months to BT for broadband and phone. Last bill came in was double with an 80e charge. I queried BT and they said its a refused payment from the March bill.
They said theyve been having trouble with NIB accounts and it wasnt just myself who had this issue. Ive been using the same account for last 2 years and the May payment went through ok.
Anyway, the 80e that went out of my account in March never came back in to my NIB account so Im chasing that. NIB (head office or branch) havent heard of any issues with NIB and BT.
Anyone else out there that banks with NIB seen similar? Im aware of BTs flaky accounting past and the many posts on same, this looks like a new one.

Sounds like BT Billing system again. The only problems I have heard with EFTs through NIB was when they added support for Originator Plus to their system, a few years ago. As I am sure you know, plenty of posts on www.boards.ie re getting money back from BT. They tried to bill me for broadband from the day I ordered it!. The BT Ireland sucks web site seems to have been taken down:

Back