BT & Free Schemes

C

cinderella

I have broadband & line rental from BT. Line rental is discounted to €10 in this package. I am also in receipt of free telephone line rental (free schemes) Originally when signing with BT, Bt tells me 'free line rental is received and credited to account, although line rental is charged at €10, remainder appears as credit against overall bill.

worked for a while, then it stopped being applied. What was happenis is I was billed for internet and calls but not for line rental. No sign of 'Free line rental credit' I queried and was told, "sure you're not being charged for line rental, you must have line rental with another provider" after a lot of discussion CS establishes I have been with BT all along for all services. I queried my credit as BT were the gain of my full credit from free schemes, the fact that I wasn't been charged for line rental was not the issue. I am entitled to free line rental so telling me I am not being charged is not really the issue. BT were benifiting approx €15 every month from my free scheme entitlement.

After many calls i was told it should have been applied. After 5 bills of not recieving credit i finally got a credit from BT for over €140 for misplaced free schemes credit.

I was assured the problem was rectified and wouldn't happen again. Next bill, the scenaio starts all over again, this time it takes 2 bills to get it sorted, same promises as before.

Got my bill today and agin the same problem. I am not billed for line rental and I am not credited with my free scheme entitlement. I don't know if this is a one off happening to me or is happening to all in the same situation as me availing of this secial package from BT.

I am frustrated and worn out keep sorting out the same issue over & over, only to be back to square 1. BT customer service is difficult to get through to at the best of times but costanly explaining the issue is exhausting.

I am on the verge of transfering my line & calls back to eircom and retain my broadband with BT. Financially i will be no worse off as I am being charged the full rate anyway, but what deters me is BT advertise the product as being available, I wish to avail of it, I have availed of it but I am constantly and consistenly overcharged.

Does anyone have any advice that would help to sort the situation so I could avail of the discounted line rental and make BT show my free scheme credit on my bill. My bill shows no evidence of me being in receipt of free schemes even though I am. Surely they should show financial credits received on the account even if they are from Social welfare

Sorry for the long winded post, but i dont know who else to ask

I know how you feel. I am in the same situation with SmartTelecom. In answer to my specific question on the free line rental, their salesman told me it would be deducted from my bill. That was last May. Still hasn't happened.
Did you contact ComReg? they may help.

Back