Broke out of an EBS fixed rate with no penalty

Hi Anonymy

Could you give more details as it might motivate others?

When did you fix your rate?
At what rate did you fix?
What is the new rate?

Brendan

Hi Brendan

We only drew down last month and fixed at 3.50 and switched to the 3.15, however I was told on the phone there was no breakage fee for breaking out of the fixed rate (this was before I had given account details or anything like that as I had rang out of curiosity at first).

Mid October I enquired about fixing @ 3.15%. I had to go to a branch to collect the form. EBS were happy to accept a scanned version of the signed form and processed it within 10 days. The new rate takes effect from the 1st day of the month.

Thanks very much guys for the heads up on this. I too have just availed of this.

I had fixed back in April on 3.5% and rang and asked to fix at the new rate of 3.15%. EBS confirm no breakage fee and have just sent me out the form via email to complete and send back to them. They mentioned something about having to have it back to them within 5 days.

They wouldn't send me the form by email. I had to go in to the branch to collect it but they did allow me email it back to them.

I wonder why they don't just put it on the website?

Thanks very much guys for the heads up on this. I too have just availed of this.

I had fixed back in April on 3.5% and rang and asked to fix at the new rate of 3.15%. EBS confirm no breakage fee and have just sent me out the form via email to complete and send back to them. They mentioned something about having to have it back to them within 5 days.

So I handed the signed application form into local EBS branch on 23/11. Called them to see what was the update just now. The branch was to call me to request both applicants sign a letter to say we agree to move from 3.5 to 3.15% but they never did. What a joke. So 19days later I have to call them to chase. The girl said it's highly unlikely this will be in place for next month. She offered to lodge a complaint on my behalf with the branch but sure what is that going to resolve?

Incompetent EBS yet again...

Further to my above post EBS apologised several times and will post me out a cheque for €50 for the inconvenience.

Back