Wrong forum Broadband with no phone line (Aug 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frash

Hi,

I'm starting a new thread on this as the old one I found is from back in 2005.

I'm currently on a phone & broadband bundle with Perlico but the phone is hardly ever used so thinking of getting rid.

The only broadband only options I can find actually work out dearer than the broadband & phone bundles.

Does anyone know of a cheap broadband only option that doesn't need the phone line?

Thanks.

Irish Broadband doesn't need a phone line but I wouldn't recommend it. It varies greatly in its performance and there are a lot of wires involved.

The o2, vodafone, meteor mobile broadband doesn't need a phoneline. I know a lot of people who use this and are quite happy with the service.

Irish Broadband doesn't need a phone line but I wouldn't recommend it. It varies greatly in its performance and there are a lot of wires involved.

The o2, vodafone, meteor mobile broadband doesn't need a phoneline. I know a lot of people who use this and are quite happy with the service.

Thanks for the reply.
Irish Broadband works out at €54 a month for their 'no landline' option - that's more that I'm paying for broadband AND phone.

I've heard the Meteor option is more for an 'on the go' kind of thing & that the speeds weren't great.

Anyone any other options?

I have digiweb Metro home broadband. It's €39.99 pm with 8mb download speed and no phone line required. I find it excellent but I did not have many options when searching for a broadband supplier as I am based in Carlow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back