Broadband options - Eircom can't answer

S

Spin

I live in the Dublin suburbs but for some reason that I can't establish with Eircom, m,y line doesn't qualify for broadband. The exchange itself is enabled but ther seems to be a problem withthe line. From what I can establish, all the house on my road are similarly affected.

My question is: Do I have any other broadband options e.g. sattelite/wireless. If so, how does it compare with regular broadband in terms of reliability and price.

I'd be grateful for any advice. I've tried to extract this information from Eircom but the people I spoke with (and there have been many) genuinely don't seem to know.

Heard an add on the radio for "Wireless Broadband" but can't remember the name of the company. Maybe try google with wireless broadband ?

i think it was e3broadband.ie. But there setup costs are approx €500. Quite a lot. There is also irishbroadband.ie.

e3

I heard that ad too for e3. Are these guys for real, check out their prices!!!!!
Set up costs 499e
And then another install charge of 40e, whats that all about

Available in "local electrical stores". I tried ringing the 1850303333 number advertised on the website, but its not connected.

for a bb services site, their own site crawls.

Re: e3

And you still need your landline and to pay call charges for the back-link!

Back