British national buying in Ireland

L

lancluis

i wish to buy property in ireland, i am british nationa, pls let me know if i can obtain overseas mortgage and which company will provide me, can i have self certified mortgage.

cheers

Do you intend to live in Ireland? If so, you can get a mortgage as per normal terms and conditions for any Irish national

If you are a non resident and your income comes from outside the state most of the Lenders will give you a mortgage at a restricted LTV.

Eg

IIB , First Active , Ulster Bank , AIB will lend you a max of 80% of the value of the property assuming your salary can cover this amount

BOI, EBS and PTSB will lend you a max of 75% of the value of the property assuming your salary can cover this amount.

As far as I am aware , BOS and Leeds Buildings Society don't allow income form outside the state to be considered.

Most of the Lenders won't allow self certification for income coming from outside the state and will look for full 2/3 years trading accounts.

The likes of PTSB might, you'd have to provide full 3 months business bank statements and 3/6 months current accounts. The income you self certify would have to be reflected in the bank statements.

Back