British Bulldog Puppy reputable breeder in Ireland?

Gulliver1

Hi

I am interested in buying a British Bulldog puppy but cannot seem to find a reputable breeder in Ireland.

I do not mind going up North to buy one - does ANYONE know where I can get my hands on a genuine puppy??

Advice welcome and appreciated.

Re: British Bulldog

How about contacting these people [broken link removed] for more info?

have had no experience dealing with them

Have you tried the irish Kennel club, or indeed the british equivilant or the bulldog society they should have a list of affiliated breeders.
There is a woman in Castleblaney that breeds them, a Mrs Collie, I have no other details on her, but she judges at crufts, so I imagine she must be reputable.

I would recommend contacting the Irish Kennel Club - they should be able to point you in the right direction ;) also make sure you see both parents & are happy with how they look and the conditions in which they are being kept

Hi

I am interested in buying a British Bulldog puppy but cannot seem to find a reputable breeder in Ireland.

I do not mind going up North to buy one - does ANYONE know where I can get my hands on a genuine puppy??

Advice welcome and appreciated.

Hi, i'm in the same position as you were. Just wondering if you had any luck finding one? Every ad i see for them seems to be a scam. I've been on to the Irish Kennel Club & they had the name of one breeder but when i rang her she said all her puppies are €3000. I cant afford this much but am willing to pay up to €1000 for one. Does anyone know of any other breeders?

Why not take a trip to your local animal rescue centre and ask about adopting a dog there? Far cheaper plus you'll be helping a dog find a home. Bulldogs have notorious breed-specific health problems that could cost you a fortune in ongoing vets bills in addition to the extortionate cost of buying a pup in the first place. Google for further information.

English/British bulldogs are E3K you won't get any cheaper. I'm on a waiting list to get one for 3K and I was interviewed before she would agree to put me on the waiting list. After speaking to the Kennel club and to breeders it seems theres only a handful bred every year. So I guess thats why they're so expensive, they're hard to breed, have lots of health problems don't live very long etc.

Have a look at this site which advertises dogs for rehoming (currently in pounds)

About half-way down the page, they're advertising a purebred bulldog.

And guess what I got him. Hes the best, been through so much but is the most affectionate, lovely little dote. I'd say given the cost of this breed hes probably the first to end up in a pound.

And guess what I got him. Hes the best, been through so much but is the most affectionate, lovely little dote. I'd say given the cost of this breed hes probably the first to end up in a pound.

Fair play to you. He looks absolutely gorgeous! Best of luck with him.

Well done! It's amazing how they respond to simple love and affection, even after some have endured dreadful abuse. Congratulations on the new member of the family :D

Have you tried the irish Kennel club, or indeed the british equivilant or the bulldog society they should have a list of affiliated breeders.
There is a woman in Castleblaney that breeds them, a Mrs Collie, I have no other details on her, but she judges at crufts, so I imagine she must be reputable.

Hey I was just doing a search and found this link. Im so glad u got the Bulldog. He was so lovely. I just got a Great Dane before Christmas. He is doing great now after being near death from starvation in his previous home.

I am the owner of Petzone.ie and I will update the rehoming section every week. Please take a look as there are lots of beautiful dogs for rehoming.

Just remember that everytime you buy a dog from a breeder 10 are destroyed in a pound!!

He is my baby Chance!!

[broken link removed]

Back