Britannia Music Club

R

roc

We mistakenly signed up to the offer of a couple of CD's for very little if we purchased a number of regularly priced cds within 2 years. While I fully accept

Britannia Music Club Attempt No 2

Aplogies for the half message earlier.

We mistakenly joined the Britannia Music Club and have purchased I think either 5 out of 6 full price titles as required or are left with one to purchase - I am not sure.
In trying to establish what we owe in order to cancel the membership I have sent various emails via their site (which does not give any receipt of having sent it) and using my email client which does obviously, but to date they have not responded.
We initially tried to contact them by phone at international rates but navigating the automated telephone system proved impossible. I once got through to what sounded like an Asian or Indian operator but because the account is in my wifes name she would not accept any instructions from me. According to the website the only way to cancel membership is by calling them by phone which is next to impossible.

Most frustrating of all is that they send "Recommended recordings"every month or so, unless you go online to cancel them. I have clearly stated by email and letter that I do not want susch unsolicitied products from them but they continue to arrive.

The sight of these parcels arriving turns me from a rationale individual into borderline rage. I now think my only recourse is to leave all the recommended recordings unopened in a box and wait for the debt collector to call and give them to him along with a copy of my attemped correspondence.

Has anyone got any experience of this appaling company or advice on how I should proceed.

Thanks,

Re: Britannia Music Club Attempt No 2

How are you paying them - direct debit? Try cancelling it at your bank or credit card provider and see how long it takes them to stop sending the junk.

My Mother had the misfortune for signing up to them a few years ago and had nothing but trouble from them. She joined just before the Euro changeover. Before the Euro was introduced she was billed in Irish pounds, after in Sterling which they converted to Euro at a ridiculous exchange rate.

The staff on the phone were really unhelpful and letters weren't replied to. In the end she ordered the minimum no. of cds to get out of the contract. Would advise you to phone them some evening, find out how many you have left to get, order them straight away and then cancel your membership. I know it means international call rates, but its probably the only option.

I joined them about 4 years ago and had major hassle re payments.The monthly cd would arrive before I received the magazine , not giving me a chance to cancel.They also started sending cd's that I had not ordered ,in the end they claimed I owed approx £50.00 sterling .
I talked with a supervisor about ending my contract.I was getting nowhere until I informed her that I would be billing them for
1:Cost of international calls over a period of two years( sometimes 15-20mins a go ).
2:Cost of returning cd's sent in error.
3:Cost of journey to and from Post Office ( I claimed I lived in rural Ireland , round trip to PO, 30 miles )

She terminated the contract there and than.

another one!

My saga with them went on for about 9 months. Due to a catalogue of their mistakes they were billing me about STG£100 and sent letters from debt collection agencies. I sent them about 30 emails [kept copies of each one] and the one time I managed to get somebody on the phone - who admitted they were in the wrong - I got his name and sent him an email confirming our conversation. It took me quite a while to extract myself from them - just don't give up. Fulfill your obligation and get out fast. I breathed such a sigh of relief the day I received confirmation from them that my account was closed without further obligation ... because believe me - they don't let go easily.
My sister also was a customer and cancelled after fulfilling obligation because of the amount of problems she had with them.

These people will chase you to the grave. I saw a story where some lad signed up to this crowd but then died and his mother tried to cancel the arrangement to no avail. Eventually a debt collector turned up demanding to see a death certificate. Any such deals/clubs are probably best avoided.

Back