breaking lease - advice please ?

O

orka11

Hi

we rent house through the agency with 1 year lease. There is several problem with the house, we always were dealing over the phone, and they were keep avoiding us.
We decied to put in writing all our issues with the house to the agent, we didint recived any respond from them.
After 16 days since the agency took later from me (I have sign copy that agent took later from me) and the sister of the owner, called me that we are not dealling with the agent any more, because they cancelled their contract with them.
Can someone explain me how agent took later from me, and he didnt mention anything that they are not dealing with house anymore.
House was rent in the last march 2009, should I recived a new lease, if they cancell their contract with the agency?
On my current lease I have only name of my landlord, no address and no contact number to the owner. The only contact which I have is to the agency.

Our major problem is heating, damp, mattress etc. From the issues which we put to the agent on the later they sort only mattress. I asked for BER as well on the later, when a guy (brother in law) bring a mattress he told me that the house doesnt a have a BER at all. House is freezing at this moment, it dosnt heat up at all.
Is there any chance that I can break my lease earlier without loosing my deposit?
Can somone advise me please.

Kind Regards
Joanna

Hi

I had appointment with treshold last monday the 21 december. They suppose to give me call back regarding my contract on thursday but they didint.
I try to contact with them but they are closed till monday the 4 Januar 2010. My next payment for the house is on that day I dont know what to do.
Can someone help me to stop paying that rent please.
Should I go to the agency and talk to them or wait for treshlod?

thanks
Joanna

Back