break rent lease because i feel unsafe

cleverclogs7

I have been renting since august.i have 2 children aged 3 and 8 and ever since i moved in theres been a problem with anti social teens bothering me where i live.i cantacted the police many times and they have been up to see me also.the landlord knows on the on going problems.i signed a 1 years lease but today i asked to give a months notice because i feel its unsafe here,not just for me but for my kids also.

i wrote a letter to terminate the tenency ,giving 1 months notice but fear i will lose my deposite.
surly there has to be something in the law about compasion especially when it comes to safety for kids.

Did you document your concerns to the landlord? Did you get copies of the Garda reports which they submit when asked to attend (PULSE incident number, etc)?

i have a police report for october but not for august and september because i had called them to ask if they would patrol the area.one of the garda is working close with me in order to catch the teens.the landlord and maintance man have know about this since august.
plus i just found out that my dad had to pay the landlord 70 euro to registar me with the PRTB.(dad was sorting out the apartment for me as i was in hospital) but as far as i know the landlord is suppose to pay the fee out of his pocket ?

there was also a verbal agreement that i pay 40e a month for maintance and rubbish collection(not stated in contract)and a verbal agreement that if i ever need to move out that i give 1 months notice(again,not in contract).

i have written a letter of termination giving 1 months notice so that he can find someone to replace me and will be sending it off as registard post today.im not sure what else to do or if im within my rights ?i dont want to take it to the prtb unless i really have to.

I have been renting since august.i have 2 children aged 3 and 8 and ever since i moved in theres been a problem with anti social teens bothering me where i live.i cantacted the police many times and they have been up to see me also.the landlord knows on the on going problems.i signed a 1 years lease but today i asked to give a months notice because i feel its unsafe here,not just for me but for my kids also.

hi i just wanted to no is it still bad 4 u there i mean is the teens still there

no ,the past 2 weeks or so have been fine.the police are around more often now and i must say they are doing a great job of this area.

Thank goodness.

Tenants do not pay the 70 Euro PRTB registration fee and you are not the first tenant on here who has said they paid this to the landlord. This is not a good sign in relation to your landlord. Make sure that you get a receipt for whatever you pay to the landlord in case you need it.

i paid e70 to a landlord and i did not get a receit and i did not take the 2 bed room flat as i change my mind

Back