Boutique hotels in Madrid

I've stayed in [broken link removed] and found it to be very stylish. Wooden floors in rooms, marble bathrooms etc. It might be a bit big to be considered 'boutique', but it's definitely nice. Only downside is the traffic noise from the main road - ask for a room away from the traffic.

Madrid is quite large, so you might need to make sure you have a hotel close to your destination, though the subway makes it quite easy to get around.

Nice area around that hotel. Had a good walk around there when we visited the Bernabéu Stadium. However could be very busy there when Beck's is playing at home! Last time I was in Madrid I was billeted in Hotel Wellington which was, let me say, very nice!!! I wasn't paying tho'

hansov said:
Last time I was in Madrid I was billeted in Hotel Wellington which was, let me say, very nice!!! I wasn't paying tho'
This makes it look like I'm an expert on every hotel in Madrid, but funnily enough, I've stayed in the Wellington too. It was fairly plush all right, but in a very traditional Jurys/Berkely Court style, so I wouldn't think of it as 'boutique'. As it happens, I was paying the bill for the Wellington myself, but I got a great deal (inclusive of breakfast & taxes, which can sometimes sneak onto your bill at checkout) though www.hotelclub.net.

Sorry - didn't mean to suggest that the Welli was a boutique hotel, just suggesting the niceness of it! Come to think of it they did try to charge me for an extra breakfast per day (as mrs h was with me). My deal was for the two breakfasts included. Funny how my spanish all of a sudden improved