Boundry lines

justasking2

I live in a rural area and just wondering if I own the land to the road. My fencing is about 8 feet from the road. We layed grass in the area and maintain it just as all of our neighbours do. A house along the way is having an industrial unit built on his land, so there are lots of trade men coming and going at the moment. What is really bugging me is that they seem to have deem my house as the desingated parking Zone. The grass is taking a real bashing. What I what to know is do I have any rights to ask them to move or up some sort of obsruction to stop them parking in future as the work will be going on for some time and once the wet weather sets in the grass will be destroyed.

I don't think anyone can answer this question without seeing the deeds to your property. Try putting down some nice granite rocks along the edge of the grass and see what happens.

It can depend largely on the type of road frontage.

If it's only a 'country lane' type of road, generally your boundary extends to the centre of that road so it could well be that you 'own' the section in question - but as Rainyday says you would need to check your map.

As Rainyday says you'd need to check your title deeds to say for sure. However these are your neighbours- could you not simply point out to them that this area is being damaged and ask them to reinstate it when the work is complete?

Back