Bord Gais + Rented House = €100 deposit?

Smashbox

Anyone come across this? Rang BG with a view to changing my electricity, and since I'm renting a house (been here +2 years) they want a deposit of €100 and will be keeping it for 8 months..

Anyone know the reason why? I mean, I have paid ESB every bill by DD, BG would have my bank details as I will be paying once again by DD.. but they are still adament that they get their deposit.

Why not just tell them you are the owner. It's not as if they are going to check. Save yourself the €100.

Regards,

Fnergg

Might just do that Fnergg! Its kinda annoying, as I have to wait til pay day if I had to pay the deposit.

Thank you, I'll call them back and LIE!

Anyone come across this? Rang BG with a view to changing my electricity, and since I'm renting a house (been here +2 years) they want a deposit of €100 and will be keeping it for 8 months..

Anyone know the reason why? I mean, I have paid ESB every bill by DD, BG would have my bank details as I will be paying once again by DD.. but they are still adament that they get their deposit.

You're lucky, they took 400 bills off me. I'm not sure if that was because I refused to pay by direct debit, though.

You're lucky, they took 400 bills off me. I'm not sure if that was because I refused to pay by direct debit, though.

That's for their gas connection, OP is being asked for €100 for the electricity connection (My first thought was that the €100 was a good deal for the gas as well!)

Smash - I had a look at the terms and conditions on the website and this is what it says:

8. Security Required by the Supplier

If required by the Supplier at any time, the Customer will furnish the Supplier with such security whether by way of deposit or guarantee, as the Supplier may require, for the payment of any monies which may from time to time become due by the Customer under this Agreement.

From here: [broken link removed].

Thanks Nova, have been out so didnt have a chance to call them back about this, kinda raging since I've been paying ESB on time and in full for years.

Yes, sorry its for electricity... don't have gas where I live!!

Back