books on organisation and time management

Barnes

Hi

Can anyone recommend books on organisation and time management.

Also, I am looking to hire people for an IT Support desk. They would preferably have had previous HD experience. Can anyone recommend a psychometric test - personality test - something online. We have had trouble with the wrong candidates before.

Thanks

The Franklin Covey course on time managemet ("What Matters Most") is excellent and although I haven't gotten around to reading it myself Stephen Covey's book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People usually comes highly recommended.

Regarding the online tests I'm not so sure their are any really good ones. When I was trying to get out of call centres I tried doing several (mostly on recruitment websites) to try and figure out what direction to go in. They all told me I was idealy suited to working in customer services and support - they very thing I was working at and hating - granted I was good at it, but I still hated it!

There are lots of online tips/guides which often contain the same simple rules for time management, managing task lists, setting goals, dealing with procrastination etc. The rules are simple but the application of them is not always easy as it involves some self discipline and, in some cases, the ability to identify, confront and overcome barriers to productivity. I struggle with this myself most of the time. :(

Back