Bookies refusing to pay out in Mayo win

cremeegg

Is it true that at least one well known bookie is refusing to pay out on Mayo’s win in the All Ireland semi final.

Know the rules before you place a bet with any bookmaker (or anybody else for that matter). If a game goes to extra time because of a draw at the final whistle, the match is usually declared a Draw. Whatever happens in extra time does not count on the bet made.

As leper said, it was a draw as per general betting rules which are based on normal time i.e no ET

I got stung by this myself.

Friendly Betting (gambling) even amongst friends can break friendships. Never assume anything when you place even a friendly bet. The wording of even a verbal bet can lead to disputes.

This is a carry through from soccer betting. The possibility of a draw is huge in soccer and betting is dominated by the "90* mins play" market, which allows seemingly generous odds to be available for the "win". So almost by force of habit Gaelic betting is primarily the 70* mins market. But the match market is also available at slightly worse odds.

* it is described as 90/70 mins but of course includes injury time but not extra time

The same bookie was quoting odds for a draw, so anyone placing the bet would have see all 3 odds. Mayo win, Dublin win, Draw.

If it included extra time/penalties the odds of draw would not exist

Back