Book on "Compulsory Purchase Orders" in Ireland

R

rabbit

Hi,

I have been the victim of a compulsory purchase in the Republic, where I think the Borough Council have not behaved fairly. In fact, I have been awarded only a fraction of the price per sq. ft for property which the Borough Council compulsoraly purchased, compared to the price the adjacent next door development property went at public auction a few years previously ...where the underbidder was the same valuer / auctioneer as the Borough Council used in my valuation! Both properties are the same size plot , and are next door to each other on a street in a large provincial town.

I have searched and there does not seem to be a book on C.P.O. in Ireland, or at least one for the common person in the street who may find a new road going through his land or property.

Does anyone think there is room in the market for such a book ? I have written a chapter, should I send it to a publisher ?

Hi rabbit,

Im sorry to hear that you feel that you have been the victim of unfair behaviour on behalf of a Borough Council with respect to a CPO on your property.

What advice did you recieve from your solicitor and valuer?

"Victim" style books are very popular at the moment so maybe your book might be successful.

aj

Back