BOI Mdg Growth Investment

W

westing

I invested in BOI shares in 2002, my policy value in Feb 2009 was 10,000 euro less, today the value is back up 4,700 euro. I am going on the advice of my bank however they obviously suggest letting it there. Should I encash the policy now with a loss of approx 5,000 euro or take the risk that it may keep going up? What is the likelyhood of these shares continuing to grow??? I am not financially aware and to date have taken the advice of my bank however I am no longer comfortable with that. Any advice will be much appreciated.

I invested in BOI shares in 2002, my policy value in Feb 2009 was 10,000 euro less, today the value is back up 4,700 euro.

First things first. What did you invest in ?? Was it Bank of Ireland Shares or the Managed Growth Investor Fund ?? If it is the latter then it is a fund run by New Ireland Assurance for which Bank of Ireland Life are a Tied Agent.

Now to rely on the information and advice from the Bank is IMO the most stupid thing anybody could do. The state of this country is because of the clever heads in Banks. The value of your Policy is moving about as it is invested in quality international companies which have all taken a knock over the past eighteen months. Nobody knows the future direction of the stock market but as the world economies pick up the values of large companies invested by the fund should rise. You are in the funds now -- what is the point in moving now. ALL funds have got hit not just this one.

There are enough posts by myself in relation to BoI Life and New Ireland on AAM, and some serious problems which have occurred between myself and them and mis selling of Policies.

Thanks, yeah its the managed growth investor fund..... I'll look up the other posts, thanks

Back