Blandardstown rental potential

moneypitt

Anyone here own property and rent it in Blanchardstown? I am moving to one of the commuter towns outside Dublin and hoping to rent out a two bed detached bungalow in Mulhuddart. Would suit a young professional couple (close to IBM etc), or elderly couple (no stairs) or a couple with a small child (big garden, private cul-de-sac).

Any idea what can I expect as rental income and what the demand likes in that area? I checked daft.ie, but couldn't make much of it.

Thanks in advance! :)
[font=&quot][/font]

Ther is a big demand in the general dub 15 area. But a lot of of houses for rent as well. Many looking for u to accept welfare payments, but that is not a problem. you should easily get 1000 a month if it is modern with en suite etc... Make sure u check ur tennants thoruoghly, a lot of them are causing problems for neighbours, noisy patries late night drinking and genral anti social behavour.

Best of luck

Jack

Thanks Jack, that’s good to know. Any tips on how to avoid trouble-tenants, where to advertise and where not to etc?

Thanks again!

I will be honest, this can be difficult. I usually use my instincts, but i'm not always right. I find people perhaps those with families and children are usually pretty reliable.Once they dont start moving their 64 cousins.

You would want to make it very clear to them that any form of anti social behaviour or loud music will result in immediate eviction, and insert a sentence in the lease stating that fact.

Always ring previous landlord, and even employers if they are workibg. But beware that a landlord can be econimical with the truth if he is trying to get rid of problem Tennants.

Jack

Evening herald and daft .ie. an add in the herald will cost about €60 for 3 or 4 nights.

Jack

Back