Birthday Cake for 18 year old.

IsleOfMan

Where would be the best place to order a medium sized birthday cake for an 18 year old. We live in Blackrock and were thinking SuperValu, The natural Bakery, The Butler's pantry......any other suggestions?

i can recommend Johnny Cupcakes dot ie - they do bespoke giant cupcakes for birthdays etc - not affiliated with them but i have been ordering from them since they did the cake at our wedding 11 years ago.

If you can make it as far as Dundrum, I recommend Thunders
Thanks. Coincidentally I called in there this morning and they seemed to have a decent selection. This was on my way back from Fusco in Sandyford. I had tried to ring them but no answer so I called. No sign of anybody about. I think back in the day they used to have a little cake shop in Sandyford Industrial Estate ....or maybe it was another cake maker? I think they had a place opposite the LUAS stop.

It's been years and I do mean years but I always remember Simply Delicious on Foxrock Ave was always a good place for cakes
Don't know what it's like today but I have fond memories of their cakes if that's any help

We bought a birthday cake from SuperValu off the shelf. Dr. Oetker the people who make the pizzas also make "chocolate" alphabet and number letters that you can decorate the cake with. So it is easy to put the person's name and birthday on the cake yourself.
In our case it was necessary to do this, as when getting a cake specially made it can take between 4 and 7 days notice to have the cake made from one of the cake makers. Our party was short notice......it worked out fine.

Back