Birth Certificate - Address question

alaskaonline

not sure if this is the right category but couldn't find a more appropriate one - if not, please move to the right one.

quick question in regards to the birth certificate. on my daughter's certificate (born in 2006) my previous address is stated twice on the document. i moved 3 months ago and i am wondering now if i am required to change the address or is it just used/ seen as "lived there at the time of birth" kinda thing? as mentioned, it's stated twice on the document - so i am unsure.
if address needs to be changed officially on the document, is there any way of doing it online or over the phone or is the "in person at the registration place" the only option? anyone any experiences on this one? :)

As far as I know, it shouldn't make a difference what address is on it. I stand corrected.

The birth certificate is proof of date of birth and the address is irrelevant other than recording where the person was born. Country of birth is more relevant as regards citizenship. Why does it bother you that address has changed since her birth? Any particular official reason?

You could check with Births, Marraiges and Death for peace of mind. My first daughter's birth cert had old address on it. I cant see why an issue would arise. My last daughter born last Summer, I had plane ticket booked before she was born, thought one could get a passport in few days. However, had to wait for hospital to release paperwork to BMand D office and then go in and get birth cert. Anyway finally got phonecall to say I could get birth cert, in I go and the registar printed out Co. Monaghan in one of the address line. Couldnt get another as they cant change info once print is pressed, so off i went to passport office and they gave her a passport the friday before our flights on the monday.

Not only is it not necessary, it is not possible to change a birth cert without a court appearance. The address is never used for anything.

Back