BidX1 'Private Treaty' property

Zenith63

I've come across a property I'm interested in on BidX1's site. Everything I read on here and on the BidX1 site is about their auction process, however this house is listed as "Private Treaty" on the site, there are no legal documents uploaded and no auction dates.

Had anybody gone through one of these Private Treaty sales with BidX1 previously? Is this basically BidX1 acting like a regular estate agent, but where the process of placing your bid and seeing current bids is done online? I presume, unlike when they do an auction, this process is pending finance, pending contract, pending survey etc and you're not contractually obligated to complete the sale if you win the bidding process - again the same as a regular estate agent?

Cheers!

Just to answer this question for any future readers: properties listed as Private Treaty on the BidX1 site are no different to standard estate agent sales except you make your offer through the website and can see other offers live, rather than doing it over the phone with the EA. Viewings are as normal, offers are non-binding and subject survey/finance etc. just like a regular sale.

Last edited:
Back