Bidding - how low can you go?

Sorry to burst your bubble but you may be amazed to know that EA's work for the vendor who as it turns out has the final say on the 'market value' and the accepted sale price. sometimes we deal with very difficult people, but if we take on a property and the vendor will not accept our valuation we are obliged to try and sell to that valuation or walk away from the property. What a lot of EA's will do is take it on at the vendors inflated value and eventually talk them down to the realistic value, obviously it works best if you can do this from the outset, but as you can see from AAM people have very forthright opinions when it comes to pricing houses.
True of course, it's not the allways the EA advising the high price but the sellers clutching to a dream.
When my mate sold for 210 the Ea advised him that that was what it was worth but they could advertise it for much more and eventually settle for that, or go for 210 and sell quick. They went for the quick option and it sold before it was advertised through the EA's contacts having sold a property near it before.

Found this on another forum:

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news...ad-to-nowhere/

Michael Grehan, MD, Sherry FitzGerald

"It's exceptionally difficult to call the bottom of any market, but particularly so in property. You can only do it with hindsight. The astute buyer now has it all their own way because they can bargain. The investors have gone and people can negotiate on price – that was unheard of even a year ago. *****In many cases, the difference between original asking price and final selling price is 50%.**** Buyers now have sellers where they want them. The buying opportunity of a lifetime presents itself in 2009. Of course there is a herd mentality – 'no-one else is buying so perhaps I shouldn't either'. But I don't think Irish people are going to stop wanting their own homes."

Found this on another forum:

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news...ad-to-nowhere/

Michael Grehan, MD, Sherry FitzGerald

Buyers now have sellers where they want them. The buying opportunity of a lifetime presents itself in 2009.

It might be easier to take someone from Sherry Fitzgerald remotely seriously if they had ever said it was not a good time to buy. I can imagine them sitting in the middle of a post-holocaust wasteland, chirpily advising irradiated ghouls that now is the best time to buy.

It might be easier to take someone from Sherry Fitzgerald remotely seriously if they had ever said it was not a good time to buy. I can imagine them sitting in the middle of a post-holocaust wasteland, chirpily advising irradiated ghouls that now is the best time to buy.
Funnily enough you're better off listening to them now than you would have been any time in the past 5 years!

Back