Bid in. How long do we wait?

LollyMc

Hi guys

We have a bid in for a house (seems to be the highest so far) since Wednesday morn. How long should we wait before seeking an answer? The owners have a few things going on at the moment so I know our bid may not be top of the list for them but Im just wondering whether we should ring the Auctioneers and find out whats happening. We dont want to seem pushy either as we got a Sale Agreed on our house recently and one party that were bidding were a nightmare!!

Thanks for the help!

Our bid was on over 3 weeks before we heard anything at all on the house we bought. We had the top bid on another house for over two weeks before we were out-bid. In all we put bids in on 9 before having one accepted.

That was 11 weeks ago and the requisitions on title are not back from vendor; the mortgage offer is not through.....huge delays on brokers part.

In short don't get too excited yet.

Yes - I agree - hold tough. They will get back to you. No point in appearing too keen.

Thanks Guys, might sit it out another while...........as ye said dont want to appear too keen!!!!!

LollyMc said:
Thanks Guys, might sit it out another while...........as ye said dont want to appear too keen!!!!!

You dont want too sit it out too long either . We did that only for the ea to tell us they had decided to accept another offer from a neighbour.

Get a friend to call next week to see what the story is if you feel anxious. But I would not advise you to call yourself.

I would say, if you put a bid in after the first viewing, it will probably be kept on the market for a while longer, so be patient!

Foxy, Surely the auctioneer should contact you if there is another offer put in above yours ???

We were the second bidders. No contact from Auctioneer since .............he told us Wed that we were the highest............

LollyMc said:
Foxy, Surely the auctioneer should contact you if there is another offer put in above yours ???

We were the second bidders. No contact from Auctioneer since .............he told us Wed that we were the highest............

The offer put in wasnt even above ours in fact i think it might have even been lower. The owners decided to sell to one of their neighbours children. I know they can do what they like as they own the house however we were waiting weeks and weeks before they decided to do this and were being led to bleive we were going to get it.

I would ring and stay in touch with the agent. We've had a couple of experiences where the agent didn't ring us back when a higher bid than ours was put on so no harm making a polite call.

Gnash

Lollymc,

As I said earlier, it might be no harm to get a friend to ring on your behalf so as not to appear too keen

Hi guys

Art, took your advice and got a friend to call, ours is still the highest offer. Fingers crossed it all goes our way, hate the waiting!!!!

Back