BFF Paying 4.00% AER on 6 month deposit

Italian bank with operations in several European countries including Spain. BFF offer deposits via Raisin.ie via their Spanish operation.

I set-up an account with them before I seen the referals.
I see now that they have given me a german bank IBAN but I note the below. Just checking that that would be correct as I see no mention of Germany in their info I just see the below:

The Group operates in Italy, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain. BFF is listed on the Italian Stock Exchange.

Note: BFF Bank is an Italian bank (ie has a banking license in Italy) but offers deposits on Raisin.ie through its Spanish branch in Madrid. This means that your savings at the bank fall under the Italian deposit guarantee (up to EUR 100,000 per customer),

If you are dealing with BFF through Raisin Bank, then the DE IBAN is most likely your Raisin Bank IBAN.

Does the low credit rating with this institution not concern anyone?
You are either happy to rely on the deposit guarantee or you are not. I wouldn't place a cent anywhere if I had to consider the safety of the institutions. That's my view anyway. If an EU State guarantee scheme refuses to pay up, there are bigger problems.

From the Raisin Website:

Please note: Due to the high volume of pending applications that BFF has at the moment, the Bank will not accept new applications temporarily. The offers will be available again on the platform in the next few days. In the meantime you can check other available offers here.

Back