BETA: any advice

aoife12

hi i am new to this so hopefully i will make myself clear. I have already attended college 10 years ago and the course i studied was a diploma in accounting and i have been working since. i have now been laid off and seeking jb. i am applying for jobs and having no luck. i am considering returning to college to get a degree in nursing if i cant find a job and wondering am i entitled to BETA. From reading about it it says you are entitled to it if it is seen as progression?? this is confusing me. Would going from a diploma to degree be seen as this or does it have to be the same course. there is no point in me applying for college if i don't receive this as couldnt afford it otherwise. any help would be great thanks

I'm not sure that moving from a Diploma in accounting to a Nursing Degree would be seen as a progression. A degree in accounting would be seen as progression.
On the other hand would it enhance your chances of obtaining employment. Perhaps you should talk to SW.

I think by progression they may mean movement from say a Level 6 to a level 7 diploma or say a Level 6 or 7 pass degree or diploma to a level 8 honours degree. i.e. Your going up a higher level.
I know I rang the social welfare head office for BTEA (Longford I think) about a slightly similar query before and they were helpful. (Dont bother ringing your local employment office)

Back